Dr. Sridevi Gunda
Dr.Sridevi Haldar(Gunda) is an eminent eye surgeon providing expert services to leading city hospitals in Noida. She has been associated with Dr.Shroff Eye Hospital, Daryaganj, Venu Eye Institute, Saket and Noida Medical centre in the past.
QUALIFICATIONS: After graduating in year 2005, she pursued her interest of specializing in the field of Ophthalmology and completed her post-graduation from world renowned, prestigious instate;”Aravind Eye Hospital&Post graduate Institute of Ophthalmology”,Madurai also popularly known as the’ Temple Of Eye’. Not only did she acquire skills to treat a disease but values of holistic and compassionate approach were imbibed in her. Carrying the vision to eliminate needless blindness, she has served across various reputed institutes across the the country. She furthered her pursuance in speciality of Cornea and Refractive surgery and was awarded fellowship degree after serving for 2 years at Dr.Shroff Eye Hospital, Daryaganj in department of Cornea and Refractive surgery.
With remarkable clinical and surgical acumen she is an expert in treating a plethora of eye diseases.
Cataract surgery: She has performed more than 8000 cataract surgeries by phacoemulsification technique using MICS(minimally invasive cataract surgery) technology with foldable IOL implantations(hydrophilic, hydrophobic,acrylic,aspheric). She has special expertise in implanting premium IOLs like Toric IOLs, Multifocal IOLs,Toric multifocal IOLs.
Keratoplasty: she has performed more than 100 PKs (penetrating keratoplasties) or corneal transplant procedures both as single and in combination with cataract extraction and IOL implantation(Triple procedure), secondary IOL implantation, vitrectomies, trabeculectomies, etc…
Corneal surgeries: She has performed a variety of other procedures independently like Pterygium excision with conjunctival autograft, Amniotic membrane transplantation, Anterior stromal puncture, Tatooing, . She has also assisted and perfomed more than 100 lamellar keratoplasties including Descemet’s stripping automated endothelial keratoplasties(DSAEK).
Lasik : She has assisted and performed more than 300 laser vision correction procedures (Lasik) for refractive errors using wavefront guided excimer laser technology as well as femtosecond laser technology(bladeless).
Other refractive procedures: She has special expertise in implanting ICL(implantable Collamer Lenses) for high myopia and Refractive Lens Exchange procedures(RLE) for very high myopia.
Keratoconus: She has special interest towards this disease entity and therefore believes in providing tailor made treatment approaches to different stages of the disease. She has assisted and performed more than a 100 crosslinking procedures(C3R/CXL) to halt the progression of keratoconus.
Laser surgeries: She has expert hands on a plethora of laser procedures like Yag Laser iridotomies performed for special form of glaucoma, Yag Laser capsulotomies for post cataract surgery, Green laser photocoagulation for retinal vascular disorders like Diabetic Retinopathy, Hypertensive Retinopathy,, Venous and Arterial Occlusions.
Glaucoma: having received training under guidance and mentorship of Dr.Ramakrishnan; President,GSI at center of excellence for Glaucoma,Tirunelveli, she has expertise in diagnosing and treating all forms of glaucoma medically as well as surgically.
Neuro-ophthalmology: Understanding the mathematics of the eye and the brain is a special skill acquired through immense exposure at a tertiary care centre during her course of residency.
Uvea : She has also acquired vast experience in assessing and treating special cases of Uveitis under guidance of an avid researcher,Dr. Rathinam.
Community ophthalmology. Has been actively involved in free eye camps across the country to spread awareness and ensure healthy eyesight.
Eyebanking: has also actively participated in collaboration with the Lion’s club to create and spread awareness about importance of eye donation and how each donor can provide eyesight to 4 people.
Presentation & Publications:
- Presented her research on “OUTCOME OF DACRYOCYSTORHINOSTOMY IN PAEDIATRIC POPULATION IN A TERTIARY EYE CARE CENTRE” during All India Ophthalmological Conference Held At Ahmedabad from 3rd feb to 6th feb 2011
- Presented research on “EYELID RETRACTION: RESULTS WITH OUR TECHNIQUE OF SCLERAL GRAFT INTERPOSITION” during All India Ophthalmological Conference Held at Cochin in from 2nd feb to 5th feb 2012
- Presented research On “Optic Neuritis In Indian Children” During All India Ophthalmological Conference Held At Hyderabad In From 17th Jan To 20th Jan .2013.
- Published An Article On “Eyelid Retraction:Its Management Techniques” In Delhi Ophthalmological Society Journal(DOS) In Dec’12 Edition.
- Presented research On “Optic Neuritis In Indian Children” During Delhi Ophthalmological Society Conference Held In Delhi From 12th April To 15th April .2013.
Academic Participation, Workshops and Training:
- Participated in the international CME program on Orbit, Oculoplasty and Oncology held at Aravind Eye Hospital, Tirunelveli in Aug 2008.
- Participated in Top 100 qualifying round of ‘Allergen Academic Achievers Award’ 2010 held in Chennai on 21st Nov 2010.
- Participated in the international conference on corneal disorders ‘Cornea Connect’ 2011 held at Aravind Eye Hospital, Madurai on 8-9 Jan 2011
She is an MCI registered ophthalmologist and enjoys life membership benefits of following professional bodies of medical fraternity.
- AIOS(All India Ophthalmological Society)
- DOS(Delhi Ophthalmological Society)
- AAO(American Academy Of Ophthalmology)
- APACRS(Asia-Pacific Association Of Cataract And Refractive Surgery)